Monday, June 06, 2005

My Best Friends

In my dreams that is. Ready for this?

3. Gwen Stefani
2. Catherine Zeta-Jones
1. Madonna

I am not kidding.


Gwen is a recent appearance, and I only recall her ever having appeared once in a dream, maybe twice; the memory now being not specific. Basically, because we were BFF, I had entrée with people that I otherwise wouldn't have. That is the basic overriding theme of my dreams involving all those chicas. In real life, my sister fills that role. She warms up the crowd, so I can feel more comfortable participating.


With Zeta (I can call her that, you can't), I have to admit it's more of a business relationship, like I'm her assistant, but I follow her everywhere. She gets me out of jams, or doesn't get pissed when I get her in one. Like the time Isaac Mizrahi's holographic rattlesnake watch bit me and we almost missed her flight.


If with Zeta there's a little restraint, with La Ciccone, I'm downright scared of her. Who hasn't at least for a moment contemplated what we would say if we were ever to have the chance to meet Madonna face to face? Although it's been a while since she's graced the stage of my dreams, I'm always so glad that she accepts me and goes and kicks butt for me.

Message I'm getting: Each of these women have traits I admire, and would like to posess myself. Why do I need to be reminded of that in my dreams? Is it the ol' S-C telling me that I have social issues? I am conciously aware of that. Is it saying I have anxiety more than normal, more than most in those situations? Wouldn't the goal be dreaming of me paving the way or inspiring someone else, no matter on what scale? Why do I need them to take up my cause or vouch for me?

Wow, three posts already? I must really wanna get my blog on about dreamin'.

1 comment:

Joy said...

maybe your s-c is affirming to you and cheering you on that you can be that person....the one kickin' butt for your chica friends...