Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The dream of Non Commital Make out partners

In the quest to avoid relationships and yet have a makeout buddy, I agreed to makeout with a friend/acquaintance named Jim. Jim was cute, flirty and yet I knew I didn't want to date him. We made out a few times in October, he felt guilty about it, he dated someone and then we made out again in April. I had some crazy stuff come up and agreed to make out with him again but he didn't show up and sent me an e-mail sent May 10, 2005:


The reason I'm airing my dirty laundry on the blog is that.............He got engaged a couple of days ago. Yup. Like the 4th of June or even earlier. The date is in August. I'm not pining for him, that lame e-mail and his cowardly way of sending it (granted, is choosing the easier way really being a coward) nixed all feelings i had for him. I'm just.....well, 3 weeks is pretty fast to start dating and get engaged. Okay, the laundry has been aired. ;)

2 comments:

HOO said...

Not to co-opt MLK or anything, but I have a dream of a time when there will be a requirement in the appointment setting for temple weddings that you have to have dated for at least 4 months and been engaged for 2 before getting married.

Joy said...

I think thats what mostly got me and why i posted it. Its not even been a month and he's engaged to someone else that he started dating in May. I wonder if he started to date her that weekend and that was the real motivation behind that e-mail.....well, I don't wonder enough to ask him.