Monday, May 21, 2007

So help me I have had two dreams about Mitt Romney in the past week. WHY? If I had to choose my presidential candidate from the field right now, it wouldn't be him. Not that I have strong feelings against him, well ok, maybe I do. He's too slick. And I'm sorry, organizing the Olympics doesn't qualify you to be President of the United States, ask Peter Ueberroth. And I don't think Universal Healthcare for everyone in Massachussetts is something to brag about it when the rest of America has to foot the bill. Mitt sure has a way of making his morality politically expedient. Still, I would rather vote for him than Hillary Clinton, I will cede that. Just please, no more dreams.

3 comments:

Joy said...

He reminds me a lot of Mike Leavitt, and I hate Mike Leavitt for the same reasons you dislike Mitt. As for Mitt, the church is in the spotlight whether we like it or not..but its a good thing I think...some of the articles I've read have appalled me in their harshness of their faith--and I'm not a bandwagon member of the mormon persecution club. However, at the same time, I kind of feel like I'm rooting for Mitt a little even though I doubt I'll vote for him. Who knows though, we still have a year before the conventions. At this point, all the posturing on both sides is amusing.

HOO said...

Yeah, I am experiencing a weird tension re Mitt, it's true. Part of me is honestly shocked that he's the lead campaign fundraiser for Republicans as of now. The other part of me is like omg we could conceivably have a Mormon in the white house (good thing). But then the other part of me is like I am NOT voting for dude just because he's Mormon. You've got to earn it brother.

Shelese said...

anymore dreams about mitt this week? that is so funny.

so who would you vote for right now, if not Mitt? do you have a crush on obama? :)